Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Bread
From Our Pantry: Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Bread
We get a lot of questions around this place, but some of the questions we get most often is:
"Have you tried it? Is it good?".
Here is a recipe, using only products that we carry, for Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Bread.
This bread turned out DELICIOUS! It really can be hit or miss with Gluten Free flour mixes. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they are still dry and crumbly. The problem is you don't know until you try it. So we tried it for you!
Pamela's Bread Mix was great. The bread is moist and delicious. You would never know that it was gluten free. It does not have the taste of brown rice or potato, which are common lingering flavors in gluten free mixes.
The other great thing about this recipe is we carry the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, pecans, real salt and organic sugar in our bulk section; you can come in and get the exact amount you need! You won't be disappointed with this recipe!
Makes: 2 loafs or 1 loaf + 12 Muffins
- 15 ounces Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Owl Canyon organic eggs (local)
- 3/4 cup Leroux Applesauce (local)
- 3 tablespoons Nutiva Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Florida Crystals Organic sugar
- 3 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread Mix
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Organic Pecans (bulk section) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two large loaf pans and fill about 3/4th of the way. If you use muffin tins - put in for half the time of the loaves.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, apple sauce, water, coconut oil, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.